Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Send a fax with Google Voice
GV,*,PIN,2,FAX# , = pause Now I just wish my Google Voice number would recognize incoming faxes.
4
4

Back-Flow Preventer
I had a back-flow preventer installed last fall. It works fine but I have a question. There is usually about 1 inch of water inside the housing. When I open up the inspection cover, it drains away but...
10
10

Refrigerator problem?
The temperature in my house is getting into the 90s and the humidity is high too. The temperature in my Whirlpool fridge (a little over one year old) is staying at 48 degrees while the freezer stays...
17
17

How to stop water from entering under door sill?
My family and I live in a modular home with a full unfinished only entrance from outside is a 6 ft door.We had the home built in 1996 and for years everything has been fine. We had to put our riding...
3
3

filling hinge mortises?
Hi all got a used paneled door to hang in my spare bedroom in place of the original one which just wasn't there when we bought the house. I need to fill the mortises for the hinge on the door (or the...
24
24

need a HD toilet seat
Hi All, I've got a excellent, long-term tenant that is obese. On average, he was breaking toilet seats about once a year. The last time the seat broke, I put in an expensive $30 unit. It lasted almost...
27
27

Basic stairway 'adjustment'
Hi all, I've got 7 steps in my concrete-floor basement leading to a landing. Now I'm adding a subfloor with a height of 1.25". Stair stringers will now rest on top of the subfloor. Which is the best...
14
14

New furnace burns rocks
I heard they just developed a new furnace that burns rocks. Just fill it with rocks, chunks of concrete, gravel, or sand and it will burn them and heat the average home on about a ton of rocks for an...
28
28

Running water in my garage
OK, here's my scenario. I have a typical ranch/rambler with the attached garage on the front in an L-shape. Previously a small part of the garage-to-house entry was boxed in to create a laundry room,...
17
17

Building Steps on dirt slope/ questions
I plan to build some steps into a sloped hill, using timbers. I had some built about ten years ago, and used PT lumber rated for ground contact, which was .8 penetration level. I know that the...
9
9

Recessing PVC Pipe Inside Interior Concrete Block Wall
Between my Utility Room (Laundry and Ironing) and the Garage is a 4" thick concrete block wall. I need to run a 2" PVC vent pipe up this wall and it would save me a lot of trouble if I can recess the...
3
3

Reflective paint?
The front of my house faces the evening sun. When it's 100 outside, the brown front door is 184 degrees F. Stuck a square of white insulation board in front of the door. It got up to 107 degrees. The...
17
17

Do ozone generators really kill mold spores? (2023 Update)
Do they need to be particular size/intensity to work? Also is there some kind of test kit that you can buy to test for mold? Thanks!
23
23

Extreme climate decking materials?
We will need to be replacing the existing 2 X 4 deck boards on several smallish decks (6' X 12' +/-). Rain water/freezing/mold/mildew are not a factor, as this is the warmest, sunniest place in the...
9
9

Drop in tub against walls
I have a nice drop-in fiberglass jacuzzi tub with all the goodies, I want to put in place of a regular tub. I'm pretty determined, and have a few thoughts, but would appreciate the insight of the...
6
6