Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Exercising indoors at our Wal Mart Super Center
I decided early this year that exercising in the cold was not going to happen. So I have been walking the isles at Walmart. I don't know if it's because I don't have a cart or maybe because I am...
15
15

Post Reno Cleanup Moaning
The house is full of dust, even inside cabinets and closets. Sawdust and drywall compound I would guess. I've had post-reno messes before, but they generally cleaned up ok. Don't know what was...
12
12

Keypad deadbolt locks info
Can anyone provided feedback on the keypad deadbolt locks for a home. What brand name is better? What names to avoid. Will they working in the winter? Thanks Dave
16
16

Toilet tide?
I call it toilet tide, but what is it when the level in the toilet drops an inch or so? It is the atmospheric pressure, wind blowing across the vent tube creating a little more vacuum, clogged vent,...
13
13

Congress may flip switch on CFLs
"While we must continue to work to improve energy efficiency and reduce our energy consumption, the misguided ban on incandescent light bulbs needs to be repealed..." Not only that, but some in...
24
24

tool to toilet water inlet pipe nipple
Hi All, I am calling that round compression ring thing that goes over your toilet's inlet water pipe (1/2" copper?) a nipple. If I am wrong, please correct me. Question, how do I get the nipple off...
5
5

Stove fan
Anyone have any experience with a wood stove fan to distribute the heat.
6
6

Lanco Ultra Siliconizer white elastomeric paint . Opinions ???
How did you like it ? Easy to apply, drying time , very reflective, smooth ???? Its going on a rubber roof. Thanks.

OT The Post Office should cut mail days in half and the price of stamps
I get all my bills paperless. It would prefer getting my spam flyers once a week instead of everyday. I do acknowledge there are still some valid reasons to use the US Mail, but half of the mail days...
56
56

interior SER cable usage in 2008 NEC
My contractor's electrician mentioned that he thinks SER cable is no longer allowed (or possibly no longer allowed to be run exposed) in interior residential applications under the 2008 NEC for, e.g.,...
12
12

Overfull Steam Boiler
Hi, We have a steam boiler which was installed 2 years ago. The sight glass is full of water, all the way up to the top. Is this creating problems with my system. I know it's especially bad to have...
4
4

where to purchase locally aluminum foil vapor barrier?
home depot or lowes does not sell this and don't know locally who does is the web my only answer? this material
6
6

low pressure water to dishwasher?
Can a dishwasher still clean as well if the water pressure is extremely low? I realize it mostly runs off an internal reservoir which gets filled OK and pumped around, but is there a mode that also...
6
6

Strange Lighting Event
The items involved are: A duplex remotely controlled by and on-off/dimmer switch. A string of 200 LED Christmas lights plugged into one of the duplex sockets. As string of 60 LED Christmas lights plus...
6
6

Harbor Freight wood stove?
Third page of the first flyer. Anyone have one of these Vogelzang "boxwood" stoves? How are they for a garage? It wouldn't be running all the time, just when I expect to spend a lot of time in the...
13
13