Stove fan

Anyone have any experience with a wood stove fan to distribute the heat.

Reply to
Andy Petro

yes.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Yes, they help. You need a fan to move it out of the room with the stove to the rest of the house though. I used to hang a 10" box fan in the doorway aimed to the stairwell.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Any fan that moves the air will help.

When we were into burning wood full time I added a return air duct to near the ceiling in the room that contained the insert. When the room got toasty I simply switched the furnace fan from auto to on to move some of that air around the rest of the house. It wasn't 100% effective but it did help.

Reply to
Colbyt

Any fan that moves the air will help.

When we were into burning wood full time I added a return air duct to near the ceiling in the room that contained the insert. When the room got toasty I simply switched the furnace fan from auto to on to move some of that air around the rest of the house. It wasn't 100% effective but it did help.

I grew up in a house with a wood furnance and the house had ceiling air returns and it helped a lot.

Reply to
The Henchman

I do: what's your question?

Reply to
Twayne

You gotta have circulation. In our two story the warm air is drawn up through 2 registers with computer fans in them and a cold air return away from the stove. It's the cats ass.

Reply to
jim