low pressure water to dishwasher?

Can a dishwasher still clean as well if the water pressure is extremely low? I realize it mostly runs off an internal reservoir which gets filled OK and pumped around, but is there a mode that also uses tap water pressure? I am thinking of how clothes washers sometimes rinse soap off by injecting tap water during the end of a drain cycle.

The problem is it's copper feed pipe was severely kinked, and is too inaccesible to fix easily. The dishwasher doesn't clean too well. tks

Reply to
dumbstruck

You need to fix it. Many dishwashers turn on the water supply for a set times with a float as overfill protection. If the supply is restricted it will not fill enough.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

the problem with dishwashers is that they fill by time only. If there's a restriction, then not enough water is admitted.

Reply to
Steve Barker

THAT kinked pipe will eventually leak at the fold/crimp.

Fix her now.

Search here or others places for Sharkbite fittings?

Reply to
Oren

A kinked supply is not a great situation. Dishwashers fill by time so restricted flow could leave it with not enough water to wash well.

To determine if the poor cleaning is due to not enough water, you can do some experimentation. Every time the fill cycle ends, open the dishwasher and add a few quarts of hot water (use a sauce pan). If there is already enough water, the excess will drain via the overflow. If there wasn't enough, otu've now topped it off.

Do this in every fill cycle and compare the results. If the outcome is better, fix the line. If not, don't.

If it's not the water supply, try some Lemi Shine to clean the dishwasher.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

My dishwasher fills until a float cuts power to the fill valve. The cycle timer will eventually cut power, but then the dishwasher would not have filled enough.

Reply to
bud--

Thanks to all for very helpful replies...

Reply to
dumbstruck