120v vs. 130v Floodlight

We had our house built about 4 years ago. Recently one of our indoor potlights burnt out. I looked at the light and it reads, "65W 130v". I went to the store and all I can find is "65w 120v". If I use 120v is this okay?

Thank you, NA.

Reply to
NA

Yes, all the voltage indicates is the maximum rated voltage for the lamp.

130 volt lamps might last a bit longer.
Reply to
SQLit

This is Turtle

130 volt rated bulb will last longer than 120 volt rated bulbs.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

The 130V lamp would last a lot longer. It was likely chosen to avoid having it go out or it is a pain to replace. The new lamp will be brighter but will not last as long and will consume a tiny bit more power.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Thanks everyone!

NA.

Reply to
NA

Don't smoke the weed, man!

I looked at the light and it reads, "65W 130v". I went

Reply to
FDR