Subject Author Posted Replies

Dimmer switch questions
I am trying to figure out a dimmer switch at my mother's house. I can't find any voltage at the light fixture, which is strange because it used to work. The fixture is gone, just wires for now. The...
20
20

Holy Bathtub Batman!
A few years back I noticed a hole had developed next to the drain in our 50 year old porcelain on cast iron (?) bathtub. At first I sealed it with RTV and painted it to match but then I got concerned...
3
3

UPS vs DSL modem
I have a computer and DSL modem tied to an old UPS (with new batteries). When I have a power failure, the computer keeps right on ticking, but I always have to restart the DSL modem. I've even...
37
37

OT: You Tube inoperative
Folks, I have had this on a computer NG since Jan 20, but there has been NO response, so ifyoudontmind, I'll copy it here & hope for a dose of your expertise. I can't think of any events that might...
5
5

Old Sears electric die grinder - can I use a metal cutting wheel with it?
I've got an older Sears electric die grinder, Model #315.27440. I don't remember how I came by it. I didn't buy it. Quite a few years ago I tried using it with a dremel-style tiny cutting-wheel and...
11
11

An extension tube for 3/8" copper waterr tube
I need an extension tube for 3/8" copper waterr tube I took out my kitchen faucet and the tubes on the new one doesnt' reach the pipes coming from the wall. One is about 1/2" too short, and the other...
9
9

OT: Wind Generation Follow-up
About 10 days ago or so in a thread on windmills that got waylaid into wind generation, I posted data from the Gray County (KS) wind farm noting a cyclic nature in total output with peaks in early...
98
98

UPS... new battery or replace?
Got an *ancient* (and I do mean ancient) APC UPS... all it does is back up my wireless router. Battery is done. new one I expect to cost $30-40 (which I find extortionate as I buy them for work at...
64
64

revising old bathtub
i have an older bathtub, rigid plastic, that needs updating. i dont want to spend the money to rip it out and replace it. it has the aluminum frame for the track, but no sliding doors or guides in the...

Coriolis effect?
Had to soak a big roasting pan for a few days to get the burned-on stuff loosened up. When I went to wash it last night, I noticed that the globules of leftover fat were moving with the "current." The...
9
9

hat with light
Just want all to know I found a 9 volt led ball hat that makes any job easier as my hands are free to work and I do not have to worry about a flashlight. This hat is extremely bright and I bought it...
12
12

Under-Cabinet Lighting
The wife decided that she wants LED under-cabinet lighting under the four cabinets. I've found the fixtures and power supply online, but the interconnecting wiring has me confused. I've found various...
9
9

The last piece of crown molding, only one end coped.
An article on installing crown molding suggested a way to install the last piece of crown molding with only one coped end. The article is here: top of page 5 describes the method. I have never thought...
4
4

Strange Lever Door Knob
Its better to use digital door viewers, it is usefull for u to answer strangers with locked door, good security for ur family... Online Wholesale Hardware Store India | Bathroom Fittings & Modular...
11
11

Rotted out 4" copper waste line
Mother Nature is being sarcastic with me. I went into basement, looking for leaks from post-blizzard thaw currently underway. Instead, I find puddle in furnace room (full of nasty things I won't...
25
25