120 to 12v conversion

Technically it looks like the power supply should be listed as class 2 or class 3. In any case there is a limit of 5A over current protection for a 12V supply to remain class 2 and use the looser wiring methods.

Reply to
bud--

Thanks Twayne, I did check with them today, and they said my installation plan would meet code. They even said the added fuse on the 120vac side was overkill but a good idea as well as the output fuse. The one thing I added later was a low voltage transorb downstream of the 12v side fuse. If it ever conducts the fuse will instantly blow.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D

rote in message

I like the way you think,I have been telling Lighting Designers and Architects for the last two years of what you are trying to do or have already accomplished.

If you ever need High Output LED's in a 12V format and are willing to go through all this work again let me know, I have designed many types of High Output LED Light Engines for a tremendous amount of applications and a current one being made is for the Round Ceiling light. The goal is to use 24 watts of LED lighting to replace 2 18 watt CFL light bulbs.

Good luck, I really enjoyed the read.

Reply to
Light Perspective