Subject Author Posted Replies

LG washing machine repair
------------------------------------- We have a 3 year old LG washing machine not used much by two older adults that has broken frequently. we have a friend with the same problems. The LG repair...
11

cutting 6 x 6 beams with miter saw ???
Will a 12 inch, non-reciprocating miter saw cut 6 x 6 beams in one pass ??? I know it would be close, but I would like to hear from someone who has done it. Again, can it cut in one pass, so as to get...
57
57

Touch Sensitive Switch Turning Itself On
About five years ago I built a curio cabinet for my wife with two internal puck lamps. The lamps are controlled by a small, round, dome shaped touch switch on the back of the cabinet. The switch...
9
9

advice from heating expert?
Would like to field a duct size question if there is an expert out there. I am splitting up a ceiling return air box. The original was two 12" flex hoses jammed into one box. I took one out. Replace...
11
11

Credit card offers
Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it through the shredder, then send it in.
15
15

Panasonic cordless drills are just dumb?
Why on earth would anybody want a cordless drill that starts at no less than 100 or 350 RPM?
37
37

under cabinet kitchen counter lighting?
looking for ideas... trying to help someone remodel a kitchen. she HATES the old under cabinet fluorescent fixtures with the buzzing, flickering, etc. Last weekend I cut a box in the ceiling above her...
12
12

Honda Engine/ Generator question
Andy asks. I have always heard that Honda Engines and Generators are of a very high quality, longer lasting, etc.... They also cost 2-3 times as much as Briggs, Tecumseh, etc......... So, do any of...
5
5

LED bulb
I bought an LED bulb today for my frequently used reading lamp. It's rated at equivalent to 40 watts and to last 46 years. That's about ten times what I am likely to last. The brightness is good and...
24
24

Homasote under the paneling
Entryway has that dark early 1970's paneling. I've finally decided to get rid of it, so I did a little exploratory surgery to see what kind of a project it will be. The good news is the paneling isn't...
6
6

repair Formica nick
Just discovered a small nick in our two-year-old Formica countertop. I suspect our ADD niece (22) wasn't paying attention while cutting up her veggies for lunch, and now I need to make a repair and...
5
5

Roof Hatch
I want to build a roof hatch using exterior grade plywood.What can I use to cover the hatch besides roofing paper? What kind of paint can I use? Thanx.
7
7

Krups 2-slice toaster disassembly
I have a Krups 2-slice toaster like this one: trying to disassemble it to have a look at the circuit board to see if it can be modified or adjusted to make darker toast. The front handle/lever is used...
7
7

ice maker off colored ice
Ice maker suddenly started making pale yellow ice cubes. Water drawn from faucet is normal as is water in commode. What is going on?
31
31

Whirlpool dishwasher fault code
------------------------------------- I have a Whirlpool Gold GU1500XTKQ0 dishwasher. After having a bad timer and a controll board swap, it started normall, then a while into the cycle (less than 25...
3
3