Credit card offers

Here is a neat trick. Fill out the credit card offer, run it through the shredder, then send it in.

Reply to
LSMFT

Or, alternatively, scan it and replace the fine print with terms favorable to you.

Send THAT in.

Oh, and keep a copy.

Reply to
HeyBub

Hi, Nothing better to do? Wastung time? If I want one they'll just give one to me but I don't need it.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

H,, You are shredding wrong thing. Whred your card(s).

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, You are doing wrong. Shred the card(s)

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Anyone work for the post office? I always wondered what would happen if you nicely wrapped a brick and pasted the return envelope on it.

Reply to
bud--

if enough people mailed postage paid bricks they might:)

95% of my mail goes DIREECTLY to the trash as soon as it arrives...

What a waste of resources

Reply to
bob haller

The rules regarding business reply envelopes have language to the effect that they will not be delivered if not used for their designed purpose, i.e. mailing paper documents that fit in the envelope. It's been a while since I've looked at the Domestic Mail Manual, but IIRC, using them as a label is explicitly disallowed.

Reply to
Larry W

the post office bills them for every returned envelope. I know that for certain.

Reply to
bob haller

Cool, then we should all get together and support The Post Office by dropping every post paid reply item in the mail that we can find. I would make up names, addresses, etc for the irritating ones like Geico who pester the hell out of people. I asked several auto insurance companies for quotes and after four years, Geico is the only one still spamming and junk mailing me ignoring my request that they stop. For that reason, I want to cost that freaking little lizard as much money as I can. ^_^

TDD, Founding member of PETPO

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

And at the same time screw the company that pays for the mailing. Resulting in higher prices for you. There are also legal ramifications for misuse of the mails so don't put anything in there wth your name/address on it! Then the company has the cost of handling and disposing of the junk, too. A pissed off company could have you serving time, technically. There is no truly free mail: YOU pay the company, not the post office. The company pays the PO and then internal costs. But there are plenty of jerks and malcontents who don't care who they hurt. They're never in short supply.

HTH,

Twayne`

Reply to
Twayne

On what basis could someone returning post paid mail get sued? as long as whats going back isnt dangerous or threatening.......

if they could be sued send your junk mail back with someone you dont like address, just be suree to wipe all fingerprints.....

frankly i hate nearly all junk mail, all companies should have a opt out requirement system

Reply to
bob haller

"Twayne" wrote

Doubt it would ever happen, but if enough people sent back the reply envelopes, companies would soon know it did not work. Evidently, present situation does work in selling or they would stop with no action on the part of the junk mail recipients.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I love the way troll victims react......er, over react. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas