Subject Author Posted Replies

Wbat is a hands-free meter?
Wbat is a hands-free meter? I don't especially want this meter, but I do want to know why it's called hands-free. has 2 test leads, but no robot to hold them where they should go. I googled and they...
26
26

Kobalt Speedfit Tool
A year or more ago, I purchased a Kobalt Speedfit tool that has a drill bit and countersink in one position and a screw driver bit in the other position when the bit holder is flipped. The tool is not...
2
2

Lawn Mower Will Not Start
My Toro Personal pace lawn mower has a problem with the pull starter. It is difficult to pull the cord and often hangs up and can not be pulled at all. Can anyone tell me if this can be repaired, and...
13
13

Arcing on connection to cap on Trane A/C compressor
Last summer I replaced a cap on this '88 Trane unit when it stopped running. It was actually the 2nd time I'd replaced that cap. Once the cap was replaced it ran fine. Cooled the house off quick, not...
29
29

bolting and retrofitting
From the photos in this link, does this mean my home is considered "bolted to the foundation" ? I have had a home for 10 years, built in 1948 in the La Crescenta area of Los Angeles. It survived the...
49
49

Man steals natural gas from neighbor's home..
That guy's face looks a little like the faces you see when you Google "faces of meth"
11
11

Zennis Update
Took the bunch of Zenni glasses to independant optician. He put them all on the "gadget" and find out that most of the Zennis correction were exactly as requested. One had the wrong astigmatism...
3
3

First they came for the CFLs...
"BRITAIN faces a new round of lightbulb chaos with EU plans to ban halogen lights and force people to buy alternatives that are up to 12 times more expensive, experts warned yesterday."
6
6

Will half inch thick Silicone Caulk harden fast enough?
I've got a project to do for the kids. They want to put a Unicorn Horn on their pony for a project. I looked all over google and ebay and found that the horns that are sold are either cheap paper...
6
6

Bath Sink Faucet removal
I have a pair of bathroom sinks with the same faucets installed. a matching tub faucet. one valve stem appears to be leaking, as water comes out the top just under the T-bar across the top. the...
9
9

OT Drones, or unmanned aircraft
OT Drones, or unmanned aircraft Heard on Kojo Nnambi that unmanned aircraft for commericial (and private?) use will be legal next year, and got to thinking..... In a regular plane, the pilot can look...
8
8

drying something in a plactic bag.
micky wrote in news: The material you're thinking of is "desiccant". you'll be familiar with this from those little white pouches you get with some electronic stuff that say, "Do Not Eat" on them....
8
8

OT - Armadillos
I debated the OT because this is home related. Other than a lawn chair, flashlight and shotgun, does anyone have suggestions for controlling Armadillos? We live in a small town and our back yard backs...
11
11

Gas Water Heater
Getting quotes for a gas water heater tank in FL and asking if there are any preferred makers/models? Anyone have first hand experience?? Thanks in advance.
45
45

Zennis diasppointing
On Feb 01, I ordered a couple pair of eye glasses from Zenni Optical. They arrrived, Feb 21. As they write on the web site, bifocals and complicated lenses take longer. So, the time was about right....
41
41