Subject Author Posted Replies

80 year old House- question about large bow window- large window sill-4 feet wide on inside..
Hi, Ive got an old house... with a large bow window.. On the inside I have a lo= ng window sill that hugs the bow window- it is long and wide- approx 4 feet= wide... I am painting the sill and window...
6
6

*YOU* are responsible for high gas prices
Did you know that everytime you buy anything in a plastic package, buy plastic trash bags, accept a plastic store bag, buy your kids plastic toys, and the list goes on...... *YOU* are responsible for...
158
158

Why would anyone want to slice up a musical instrument?
They keep playing this commercial on tv advertising a "Mandolin Slicer". I know that a mandolin is a stringed musical instrument similar (but different) to a guitar. Buying a slicer to slice up a...
4
4

Chain Saw Chain - Number of Teeth?
I went to the Borg to get a new chain for my 16" chain saw. The generic brand they sell had 4 - 5 different 16" chains with the number of teeth ranging from something like 56 to 60. Each version...
12
12

lawn mower
Last year I bought a used riding mower. Pretty good motor, about 14 hp. I was riding it around one day, and it started to slow down. Checked oil. Very low, below Dipstick. Refilling it still goes...
12
12

Product Review 108 LED 7W Bulb E27 Corn Lamp 110V/220V Cool White Lighting Light Energy Saving...
The bulbs arrived, tonight. They are slightly less bright than 11 watt compact fluorescent. Light has a definite blue hue to it. Two bulbs will light my bathroom comfortably enough for me to function....
5
5

Power Tool Battery Pack Comparisons
A long time ago I asked here how to disassemble my Ryobi 18V Li-Ion battery pack that showed "charged" in the charger but did nothing. Many people simply said, "Get it rebuilt", but I didn't. At long...
3
3

Bread mixer recommendation
This last month I have thrown three bread machines in the trash. I am quite sick and tired of made in China junk, but that is another topic. I'm looking for a bread mixer. I want something designed to...
5
5

OT - Stupid Ad of the Day by Yahoo
I think she is showing joy. She just got approved for a credit card with a $500 spending limit and only 39.9% interest. The people shown in Yahoo ads can be downright creepy.
10
10

OT Nym-shifting...
Oren wrote in news:4m77m7d875a050lekjbsf2fgqa1nk5c788@ Are you sure? At one time Moe's restaurant was claiming it was illegal in 37 states to discard the trays their food comes on. So you never...
1
1

Toilet seat hinge breaks, possible to just replace the hinge?
The seat looks fine except that one of the two hinges that screw into the seat and back has broken. It's some kind of plastic. Can I possibly buy a hinge new? The seat is made by Bemis and I bought...
21
21

Basement bathroom fan/vent near ceiling hot air register ?
I have a small bathroom in the basement, which has no fan.. The only place open enough to install a fan, and ducting is between the same joists that already has a furnace register. How close can I...
6
6

small stiring heating unit
I am looking for a place where I can get 8 inches or a foot of resist wire. It is about 3/8 inch in diameter. The unit fails to get hot enough anymore and we need it and cannot find anything like it....
30
30

How much fluid to put in a bottle jack
I have a 20ton bottle jack that is low on fluid. I found the fill plug on the side of the cylinder and put in some fluid. I did not have much fluid on hand, so I put in what I had. It now jacks up...
6
6

Do Coin-Cell batteries explode in a fire?
I was burning some trash today and something exploded, making a loud blast. I did not find any aerosol cans. Then I remembered that I tossed a coin cell from my computer in the trash after replacing...
6
6