Subject Author Posted Replies

Humor: Last request
When asked for his last request before being executed by firing squad, convicted murder James W. Rodgers asked for a bulletproof vest.

Fastening things to metal or fiberglass doors
I have 2 new exterior doors, one is metal and the other is fiberglass. I need to attach some things to them. I need to put curtains on one and a door stop on the other. Are there any special problems...
14
14

Burglars stymied in bid to rob AlarmForce president’s home
Burglars stymied in bid to rob AlarmForce president?s home Canada Would-be burglars didn?t know who they were dealing with when they cased out a North York bungalow in the luxurious York Mills Rd and...
2
2

How to drill square holes
How to drill square holes and several other interesting mechanical principles. ?v=9qEhyQfbImY&feature=related Russian Video with no audio and excellent animations. drilling a square hole on a lathe...
5
5

Shower/tub faucets
What's the deal with these, can't find any without threaded fittings. Who the heck uses threaded fittings???? And the diverter always seems to be on the tub spout (leaks) rather than built into the...

Grass growing on my lawn (are the seeds the same as grass seeds?)
I realize this is an (uneducated) funny question ... but ... I am confused. Over the winter, I didn't cut my grass so it now looks like this: things on the end of the stalks must be grass seeds,...
11
11

wood floor finishes
Had a nice hardwood floor in 1930s house, cleaning up for sale. Everyone advised me to have them sanded and refinished. 90% looked fine, 10% was scratched - and I went for it anyway. Now here's the...
11
11

OT: George Zimmerman to Be Charged in Trayvon Martin's Death
I said last week that I thought he would be charged with something. To those that asked what he would be charged with, we will find out at 6pm eastern....

OT US adding 3 million jobs from China
CHICAGO - Improved U.S. competitiveness and rising costs in China will put the United States in a strong position by around 2015 to eventually add 2 million to 3 million jobs and an estimated $100...
4
4

Ebay LED bulb follow up report
Item number: 320743410648 were just a bit over two bucks each. 38 LED, flood light style. So, I bought a couple of them. Not all that expensive. Turns out they are blue light. Not as blue as the cob...
10
10

Is Harry digging a 51-mile trench?
News: Like so many places, locals in the UK are growing tired of waiting on British Telecom's "e;fiber to the press release,"e; which continual
3
3

(OT) Testing a Fax machine
I bought a used older fax machine at a garage sale. The seller said supposed to work. I only deal with a few faxes per year so it wont get much use, but is handy to have. My question is how do I test...
8
8

aioe or ?
I just changed from a pay news server to a free I am limited to 25 a day, and that's fine, as I've been trying to cut down on that, as well as a few other things. However, I have been receiving error...
18
18

goodies
Not to impose, but we are letting folks know about our new companies, Elsie Massey Victorian and Antique Hats, clothing, & accessories. ( Also, Burton & Burton gifts. ( We are full line distributors...

Who makes the best Kill-A-Watt meter
Another thread on here mentions using a Kill-A-Watt meter to test the power usage of a freezer (or anything else). I'm considering buying one of these. I'm sure there are many brands available. I want...
48
48