10 year car battery

hate getting stuck with a dead battery, and so i buy a brand new pricey battery every few years as preventive maintence.......

i do field service and am on the road constantly.

i used to get a alternator replaced every few years,,,,,,,,

alternator replacements stopped when i began replacing my batteries before they failed......

a 100 buck battery replaced every 3 years is a bargain...... 33 bucks per year

as compared to a 300 buck alternator. that can cost 100 bucks a year

Reply to
bob haller

Don't know what battery costco carries but the interstate Megatron has never let me down - I've used a few of them over the years.

Reply to
clare

In my experience more OEM toyota batteries lasted over 5 years than failed under, and there were MANY that lasted over 7. That is experience as a former Toyota Service Manager. The batterry in my own Corollla was replaced at about 12 years. The Tercel battery was replaced a little earlier but had double the miles on the car. I'm talking in the early eighties production period.

Reply to
clare

I bought a few "lifetime guarantee" batteries from Canadian tire, and replaced both of them twice within about 2 years. The warrany was a lot better than the battery!!!

Reply to
clare

Still driving your '28 Chevy????

Reply to
clare

The good ones today are East Penn. Some of the Johnson Controls built batteries are pretty decent.' some are junk. Not a WHOLE lot of north American battery manufacturers left any more.

Reply to
clare

The original battery in my Ford Explorer lasted 10 years but the replacement I put in it was only about 5 years and I think that's what it was rated as. No, I wouldn't pay $400 for an OEM either.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

I have been running Costco batteries in all my vehicles for at least 10 years and only had one fail early. They did honour the warranty and replaced at the pro-rated refund.

However you want to step up your game a little....

What ever car owner needs!

Reply to
Idlehands

Thanks, the next time I need to send a probe to the moon, I will buy one of those batteries...... ;-)

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

great battery, but PRICEY!!!!! Be good for the airplane (nice and light)

Reply to
clare