Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cost of deck replacement
I'm located in San Jose, CA. and have several questions on deck renovation project. My deck is pretty old wooden construction and I'm planning to replace it completely including the frame. Probably...
8
8

Scorzonera
Has anyone ever grown this veg? (Scorzonera) apparently it is a Leek like veg, If so could you please tell me some more about it. Thankyou.

sick lawn
I just moved in with my girl friend- her house has a ratty lawn. The problem is that this area in central Massachusetts was a glacial outwash plain- so the soil was pure sand at the end of the ice...
4
4

when lawns' own seeds up, is that a good time to overseed?
I have noticed for the first time that my lawn is just starting to put out its own seed. It has the asparagus looking shoots which break apart to individual seeds. I have mowed it twice (weekly), and...
4
4

Questions about ZTR mowers
I'm looking at buying a ZTR, a Cub Cadet RZT 42 specifically, and was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions about ZTRs in general and the RZT 42 in specific. How well does a ZTR...
1
1

Plowed the main garden
Pic on Blog: "using a come-a-long" (power puller). http://360.yahoo.com/srgntbilkoalso
1
1

Mower Leaves Line of Grass Cuttings
My riding lawn mower (Bolens 12hp with side discharge and collection unit in back) has begun leaving a small trail of grass in the cut path. The mower deck has two blades (recently sharpened). The...
6
6

2-cycle engine quits when hot
Hi, I have a McCullogh weed whacker that's about 9 years old. It's been running fine until the end of last season. Since then, it developed a problem where it quits when hot. It also wouldn't run with...
3
3

Propane weed burner question
I've got a rock "lawn" and I would like to quit using herbicide for killing weeds, and try scorching them instead. There are a lot of weed / roofing torches on ebay and I was wondering if there is...
25
25

Good Neighbor
Well after I moved here then My nextdoor neighbor moved in too,,Their lawn got long so I mowed it for them,it's 2 or 3 times what mine is..Well Kyle saw that I've been working on the rider so He...

10/30 Murray rider broke shaft
I snapped the shaft trying to remove the frozen blade nut,there does'nt seem to be much wobble in the I remove the pressed-on collar and just replace the shaft or shaft n pulley or does the entire...

Lawn Mowers
Is there a way to convert a standard push or self-propelled mower to a zero- turn mower?
2
2

strawberries
My husband sprayed my mom's strawberry plants with Round-up, but we were hoping to keep them, they are almost ready to start producing. If we washed the Round-up off, and they still survive, would...
4
4

How's Your Weather?
Hi You guys. I feel a bit of an intruder in here, for I have only just started posting, and I am sure that many of you have 'held council' for many months - if not years. I am from the UK, where -...
9
9

gt ammeters
There seem to be two types of gt ammeters commonly used: a. those where the charging wire is clamped to the bak of the ammeter. b. those where the charging wire is cut, and the ends are connected to...
1
1