Mower Leaves Line of Grass Cuttings

My riding lawn mower (Bolens 12hp with side discharge and collection unit in back) has begun leaving a small trail of grass in the cut path. The mower deck has two blades (recently sharpened). The small trail of grass is left in the middle of the cut path. All mechanical functions on the deck and mower appear to be running as designed. Does anyone have a clue what might be causing this?

Reply to
jaygreg

jacko

My neighbor's rider had this problem a couple times. It was either a blade that had bent, or the deck, both from rubbing the tailgate of his truck, during transport. It also may be that one blade wasn't sharpened properly at the end.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Reply to
Peter Pan

You sharpened your blades too many times. Every time you sharpen a blade it gets a little bit shorter. After awhile, you will start seeing the line when you make a turn, then it will get worse so that there is a line even going straight.

BUY NEW BLADES.

The others who answered are idiots.

Reply to
GeWart

Yeah you're right, the blade does get shorter, but my micrometer you idiot

Reply to
Peter Pan

Yep!

Reply to