Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Brown patch in lawn?
Hi, I've just returned from 2 weeks holiday and discovered a big brown patch in my lawn. I'd say it is about 2 foot square. It's been raining a lot in the UK recently and the soil below the grass...
1
1

Where to post a photo?
What binary newsgroup does anyone use for photos for identifying trees? I have used the online free sites, like tinypic, imageshack, photobucket, etc., and they are all too much effort and time to log...

Rat deterent?
I'm next to a field and the little rat critters always eat half the fruit or more every year. Too many in the field for traps or poison to have much effect. I read where rodents hear higher...
8
8

Need Help with Palm Tree ID
This one came up wild. I thought it was a bush until I started trimming. There is a large trunk in the center about 2-3 feet diameter about 4-feet up from the ground, and smaller "trunks" all around...

Qualcast Classic 35s
Can someone please give me a link or website where I can download a service manual for a Qualcast Classic 35s lawnmower? Thanks.

Cutting height and re-seeding for a particular mix
Hi All, I moved into my first house last year and have been trying to make my lawn as good as possible. I think the sod used wasn't ideal so I'd like to make the best of it. Some areas need reseeding...
3
3

Countax K18 ride on
Hello, Please help! I have a Countax K18 and it has been in the shed for 1.5 years, I have tried to start it and there is nothing, not even a click, the battery is fully charged and it was working...

Why are these two small trees not doing so well right now in spring time?
Hello. Here are two photographs: 1. 2. Bad dirt? Not enough sun? Too much sun? Not enough water? Too moist? Other plants and trees, near them, are doing fine though. They are in Southern California...
9
9

what is it.
i bought a plow with these # gil-33096a 63520 can any one tell me about this plow and the value everthing is all there.

Are roots a danger, how to remove them
A neighbor moved into her townhouse 20 years ago and there were no roots in her backyard. Now they have a beautiful yard with perfect grass and benches facing the woods and other nice stuff, but roots...
3
3

weed eating
What is the best way to weed eat around landscaping without throwing rocks everywhere, or throwing grass clippings into the rocks? My edging never looks that great!
1
1

Patchy new lawn, I need a diagnose (pics included)
Dear all, Recently I started my first gardening adventure and despite my high hopes and all my dedication, the first results are pretty disappointing. I sowed my little garden about a month ago,...
2
2

Drip irrigation on an old lawn
Has anybody tried adapting drip irrigation techniques to established lawns containing mature trees? There's considerable documentation on the Web for large-scale agricultural setups and _new_ lawn...
2
2

Where to see and buy a curved 5' vertical cross bridge for cheap from local retails stores?
Hello. Where can one/1 see and buy a small (5 feet) vertical curved cross bridge (e.g., ) from a local retail store in So(uthern) CA(lifornia)? It will be placed over a small sloped water drain ditch...
8
8

Suffolk Punch 30s 1991 Dellorto Carb - Rough Idle
Hi, Recently aquired a 30s from around 1991 with a Dellorto carb that was non working til i renewed the spark plug and now it starts every time but runs very lumpy/rough to the point it's almost like...
2
2