Yucca plant How to cut shoots off & transplant them

I live in Arizona, we have a few yucca plants, that had some shoots on them.. I would like to know how you remove those shoots to transplant them.. Do you cut them off or just break them off by hand? These yucca plants are out doors in our yard, & we would like to transplant the shoots in other areas in our yard.. We planted these from shoots that we given to us, & just stuck them in the ground, & they have grown @ least 5 ft tall. Thanks ..

Reply to
Rima

Hi - Living in the UK here, but when we grow these commercially, we cut the shoots off cleanly with sharp knife. Broken shoots take longer to root. A cut shoot heals quicker and is quicker to send out new roots. Take care Data

Data

Reply to
Rima