what should I put on my yard in Charlotte North Carolina

I am wondering what I should be doing or applying right about now like weed and feed, turf builder, lime etc...

Reply to
Marvel

I'd get the soil tested, then you'll know if you need lime or not. If you do, then you can apply the correct amount now. I would put down a combo pre-emergent and fertilizer. Here in NJ, I generally do that the latter part of April. You don't want to do it too early, as crabgrass needs warm temps to germinate and you don't want the stuff to be wearing off prematurely. I always put it down just as the forsythias start to bloom, which is a good guide. In your area, I would think that is probably in a few weeks?

I stay away from weed n feed, unless the lawn is a real mess, full of broadlead weeds. A healthy lawn should just need occasional spot treatment with a small tank sprayer. Weed n feed used to control a few weeds is unnecessary, bad for the environment, and not good for the grass either.

Reply to
trader4

Listen to WBT's Carolina Gardener Saturday mornings, 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Go to their web site and you'll find links to NCState lawncare; as well as podcasts of prior radio casts.

Mint Hill, NC

Reply to
Rolling Thunder

Reply to