Watering Trees in AZ

I have Sissoo, Mesquite, Shoestrings, and a few more. They are over 2 years old and 20 feet tall. So I was told to put 4 emitters of 2 gallons each 2 foot from the truck around the tree. This is 8 gallon per hour. So 6 months when it's cold 2 hours every 21 days and 6 months when it's hot every week. Does this sound right?

Reply to
Richard

I lived south of Tucson for 8 years. Never watered a tree or cactus after the first month. All lived and prospered. Mesquite definetely needs nada. hth

Reply to
Shelly

If you were weaning saplings meant for a zone with more rainfall, that happened to be going through a drought period; a garden hose running one drop of water every 2 seconds for 24 hours is more than adequate each two weeks. Until, of course, the drought period ends.

Don't know what the distance of the truck has to do with anything (distractor).

Trees, if they need constant water attention in your area, don't belong in that location. Water is a resource. Dave

Reply to
Dave