The final fix on the new Craftsman lawn tractor (sorry guys I didn't hurt myself this time)

Clark

Oh ! me so sorry! I beg forgiveness please please don't ban me from using the internet!!!!!!!! :-p

in case you could not read it I had changed the delivery date to the correct one of 09/07/07

Clark

Reply to
Clark

*THWAP*

Don't post in HTML to The USENET!

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

I found a hot button for Eggs! :-)

Quality news readers? I'm using Outlook express! I obviously don't know anything about quality.....

You caught me I'm a dumbass.... sorry is to much and I don't give crap ain't right either... I'm stuck!!!! Well I guess I had a brain fart...

Clark

Reply to
Clark

I read it fine and had no problem.

Reply to
do_see

It's not "the internet", dood. It's The USENET.

Ahh. So, you needed to change one character in your post, and you felt it necessary to make a 153 line post to do it. Got ya.

*shakes head*

Quality newsreaders (and most servers) will allow you to SUPERCEDE a post that you made. The servers that don't support it, will simply add the edited post. (I'm betting you already knew that.) There was no need to change the format of the message in order to change that one character.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

I can read it fine too.... well ya know, some old coots out there....

He's really upset about the fact I have not had a mishap in a couple of days. ;-) Some old outdated news readers can't read HTML and some people refuse to update them, mostly because of security issues.

Here's what it looked like to Eggs, well some of it:

deck on my> machine was to low, they sent out another repair guy = to=20 verify I'm> not a dirty filthy liar, he verified yup it was to = low, when=20 set at> the max deck height. To low by about 5/8"> = > Sears=20 built me a new one, it was built on 09/05/07 and delivered it>=20

09/07/07, delivery free of = charge.>=20 Deck/blade height is right on.> Blades that came with it are like = the=20 replacement blades I bought to> replace the old ones. (heavier=20

Old dog new trick thing? don't matter I like him even if he smells like old Egg. lol

I kidd. Eggs I kidd.

Clark

Reply to
Clark

I told you I was a dumbass..... People still pay per byte? where in Africa? Brazil? "well just insert any third world country here" I'm an American I don't care about anyone else (mostly true).

I'll stick to OE, 'cause I like the way it formats. I mean jeez I'm already using post fixer, which by the way, is causing my OE to see duplicate post, as the dates and time are identical.

maybe I should be posting from Google groups. lol I'm gonna fire up my linux box and post HTML, joking.. well maybe..... (I'll avoid this group and piss off some other people).

Like I said I had a brain fart.

Clark

Reply to
Clark

[...]

Wrong again, d00d. I saw it as text/plain (text/html is also an option, so I saw your change, which didn't require a format change).

You're totally missing the point(s). There are still many people that pay-per-byte for their news service. HTML posts eat that up quickly, as one can't tell the format of the message until it's already been downloaded. HTML adds unnecessary code to the post, as was demonstrated by your reply above (which I've snipped). It's also a security risk from scripts.

Ya. You should learn to use an app that was designed for newsgroups. I've offered before to help you set one up, that I think you'll like. That offer still stands. ;)

It's all good, d00d. Just lose the HTML. ;)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

ain't we all? =)

Nope, not third world, man. More for binary use, but text isn't always free. For some, it's just cheaper to pay for usage.

So, if you had a program that you were able to make look like OE, only MUCH better, you'd be interested? ;)

I'm not so sure that OE Quotefix is causing the duplicates. If it is, you're the first person to ever have it happen to them.

If you did, I'd never know. ;)

My Nix box is down at the moment (until I can figure out why it doesn't want to boot to anything but text mode).

It happens.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Excellent. A tribute to your ability to deal with the problem. I am sincerely impressed.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Thanks Srgt. finally a post on topic.

I had no choice, if I didn't take care of it, Kathy was gonna beat my ass.

Clark

Reply to
Clark

Ya. You should learn to use an app that was designed for newsgroups.

I think you should convert to OE so you can read HTML Then you could see all the pretty colors too!!!!

Clark

Reply to
Clark

With the proverbial stick.

Reply to
Steveo

HA HA!

Clark

Reply to
Clark

BEAT!?

Reply to
Steveo

maybe again with the ten inch killer pine "stick", trust me it's a killer...

Clark

Reply to
Clark

I could smoke that and walk away. ($1 Cheech)

Reply to
Steveo

damn. beat me to it. =P

Reply to