sprinkler systems

Does anyone know of a sprinkler system that has some logic built into it? I was thinking of a control system that would make use of some transducers that sense moisture levels and ensure that moisture levels stay within a certain range. The moisture level combined with the time of day would determine whether the sprinkler system is activated. Is there already a product out there to do this, or should I start designing my circuit now?

Thanks,

Matt

Reply to
BigDaDDY

The only one that I'm aware of is the rain sensor, and they usually don't work very well.

Reply to
Steveo

Start designing your circuit right now. Make sure you measure moisture levels in the soil, and at the appropriate depth; no other measure is a good indicator.

chris

Reply to
Bugman