Roses and whiskey

My wife came home with a bottle of whiskey and said it was for her roses should I believe her? will it help the roses? dig

Reply to
Digger

NO!!!!!! Pour it over her head and light it.

Reply to
GFRfan

I've heard of beer (Jerry Baker tonic) but not whiskey for roses.

Thunder

Reply to
Rolling Thunder

Whiskey or an alcohol based liquid will kill soft-bodied bugs like aphids almost on contact. I've used cheap vodka on some indoor houseplants infested with those nasty little flies that nest in the soil. I've not used it extensively so ymmv. My plants never show an adverse reaction to the alcohol. I applied it with a perfume atomizer so that large drops never had to sit on the stems and leaves. The alcohol would evaporate from the plants quickly and leave the water (50 to 60 %) but would absorb into the critters. I don't suppose the whiskey would do the roses' scent any good. My choice for aphids and such on roses is a systemic insecticide.

-- Tom

Reply to
- Tom -

You're asking strangers if you should believe your wife? You're in trouble, dude. ;-)

OK, lets give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you didn't hear her correctly. Maybe she said it was for her cirrhosis.

Greg

Reply to
Greg