Reviving a neglected apple tree

I recently bought a home in the Shenandoah Valley. There are several old fruit trees on the property. Most have been neglected for many years. I want to start trying to restore them a bit. The apple trees are first on my list. One is a bit over 20 foot high. I don't think they've been pruned for decades. How should I start with these trees? Can someone point me to a source online that would help me with pruning them? It's been 20 years since I lived in a house with enough yard to have any trees so what little experience I've had is nearly gone from my memory. Next project will be the mulberries. There are even a couple of white ones that have been going wild for a long time. I'm told they were planted in this area way back in an attempt to raise silk worms.

Thanks for any help Scott

Reply to
scott

They just did this on "This Old House Hour" the other day.

See:

Dave in Columbus

Thank you, I'll check this out when I get home.

Scott

Reply to
scott