Reel Mowers: Sunlawn MM1... Any Feedback?

Hi,

Sunlawn

the company that has the rights to import the Brills in North America, released this year their own Reel Mowers...

Is there anybody that purchased one of their new model MM1 or EM1? Any comment about it?

According to technical specifications, Sunlawn's models have same features as the Brills Luxus (heavier but a little more cheaper and with a 2 years warranty).

I'm actually looking for which model I should buy and I would like to choose between the Brill Luxus 38 or the Sunlawn MM1.

Thanks!

Chris

Reply to
rousseauc

Hi Chris,

I purchased a Sunlawn EM1 and received it on May 24, 2006 from reelpushpowers.com. Two days ago, a major metal brace supporting both the reel and rear roller broke in two while I was mowing grass.

I am attempting to return the mower for a refund. It's be outside of

30-days since the mower shipped so reelpushmowers.com told me that I needed to contact the mfr, Sunlawn.

I can't speak to the quality of the Brill reel mower, but it must be better than the Sunlawn EM-1.

Good luck with your choice and I would recommend purchasing directly from Sunlawn.

Curtis

Reply to
Shade

Ordered my mower EM-1 from Sunlawn early on in the year, took over

month to arrive. Mower was easy to use, but broke within the 1st weeks - cheap metal holding the back roller broke off. Tried to contac customer service, couldn't get anyone on the phone over a 2 wee period..no answer to emails either. Finally spoke to someone, sai would ship replacements out immediately. Waited another 3 weeks...n replacements came, tried calling but office was closed for 2 week vacation, said were answering emails...but didnt receive a reply. Onc back from vacation spoke to customer service person...this time received the replacement parts in a week. A month later the mowe wouldnt charge or start...battery light kept blinking but it wasn charged or charging. Tried over another 10 days or so to contac customer service...finally reached someone. Customer service was goin to look into problem and call back. - did not receive call back after days, so called them again. At this point we decided to ask for refund....couldnt face dealing with anymore problems with th machine...especially since customer service had been so hard to reach Refund was meant to be sent out 30 days from receipt.....it has no been well over 30 days and still no refund has been received.

This product is cheap to buy, but it is also cheaply made. We now hav a much more powerful battery operated mulching mower from a well know manufacturer that cost only about $70 more. So far we have had n problems with that mower.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Wrote:

-- l0v3mygard3n

Reply to
l0v3mygard3n