Reel vs rotary

Most golf courses use Reel Mowers. Separate types for greens and another
type for fairways. Usually multiple gangs with self contained power & cab,
or tractor towed types. Another type for roughs.
. . . .There is alot more maintenance with these 'reel types' but they do
give a clean cut with closer height control.
Any local Greens Keeper can tell one where to locate a 'Reel sharpening
service.

> It occours to me that we would all like the finish of a cylinder mower
>> but most wont Pay the price tag. If cylinder mowers were the same
>> price as rotarys, would you buy one or is price the only issue?? >
> Do you mean a reel mower? Why would anyone want to use one of those? > >

Reply to
footboarder

Site Timeline Threads