Mantis reel mower?

Has anyone used the new reel mower from Mantis, either the manual or the 24-volt battery assited one? My wife just put in another flower bed so the lawn part of the yard has gotten considerably smaller. Thinking it may be time to pass the Toro on to one of our kids and get me a new Mantis. I have their tiller and it's worked flawlessly over the last 7 years or so. Thanks. Larry =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Larry Dawson

snipped-for-privacy@macosx.com

I don't know whether it's a virtue or a vice in me, but regularly rereading favorite books has always been one of the quasi- religious ceremonies with which I occupy my life. Fritz Leiber

Reply to
Larry Dawson

Don't know about the Mantis, but I've got the Scotts manual reel mower and while it does a good job on grass blades, it takes a lot of passes to knock down anything tall--dandelions, seed stalks, weeds, etc. It's easy for things to get out of hand--a week is plenty long enough for some things to get too tall for it to cut.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Reel mowers only work well on fine grasses as are used on golf greens. With coarse grasses typical of lawns reel mowers don't work very well, and you'd need to mow more often. And $400 is a lot to pay for a small homeowner style reel mower.

Reply to
Sheldon