pump & pressure tank setup

Hi. I'm looking for tips on setting up a 1/2 hp jet pump & 4 gallon pressure tank at the cottage. It's about 50 feet from the lake to the kitchen.

tia

Reply to
tony

You will want to drive a point well for the pump and tank. typically you do not want to tap directly into the lake. Groundwater is filtered by the surrounding aquafer and higher quality water.

Reply to
Donald Guzzetta

First, I assume you meant 40 gallon rather than 4 gal.

Can I also assume you are not going to drink the water ?

Next, what is the elevation difference between the lake and the cottage ?

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

It is actually a 4 gallon tank. Just enough to do a small sink full of dishes, etc. This water is quite clean but not potable.

The elevation diff is quite small, about 6 feet.

thanks

Reply to
tony