Poulan Pro 260 Carburetor Adjustment

I understand the purpose of the limiter caps on the carburetor low and high mixture adjustment screws - but how the heck do you make an adjustment. I can't see any way of making adjustments. What sort of tool is required to actually make adjustments? Is it necessary to pop the caps off, adjust, and replace them or is there a special tool to get in that tiny hole?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
vanlux

I believe that this saw has a walbro carb on it..? If so, understand that these tend to be complete crap (in my opinion) and the adjusting screws should be removed and replaced. I would suggest that you go down to your local small engine repair shop and ask for new metering screws. These should cost under 5 bucks and it's something that you could do, but I'd personaly just hand them the saw and tell them to have at it. 20 buck for the piece of mind that it's done right.

Reply to
Timothy