Electric mowers

There is no substitute for decent design. In my extended family, we bought three B&D 18 inch mowers. Not one is still running. One had a broken deck. One burned out motor. One bad on switch. One bent shaft. One not diagnosed. The mulching door is easily fouled, and won't close. The nearest authorized shop is in BFE.

I just got a Bolens 18 inch. More manouverable because of larger wheels and smaller deck, which is of steel. More difficult height adjustment, the only minus. *Circuit breaker*, an overwhelming advantage. Some adjustment of handle possible. Rail for the cord, so on a regular zigzag pattern you don't have to flip the cord, and it's low so it's easy to step over. *And*, it's over 20 bucks cheaper!

Eventually I'll cannibalize, but I needed something right away. So far, I'm happy. daveA

Reply to
David Raleigh Arnold