Neuton cordless electric mower?

Does anyone have any experience with this mower? Thanks, Larry

Reply to
Larry Dawson

I've had one for 2 1/2 seasons now. Not the absolute smoothest cut* but a vast improvement in reliability compared to the B&D cordless electric mowers I'd used before and far less noise and vibration than any gas mower I've ever used. (I cut every 4 or 5 days in the spring and most of the summer so every mower I have had has gotten a lot of use.)

*I have to make double passes on the lawn in the front, which grows faster and is thicker than the back lawn. I almost never bag when I mow, so it may do a smoother cut while bagging rather than mulching.

The blades that come with it hold an edge extremely well (most other mowers I've used needed frequent sharpening).

I have a spare battery so one is always charging while the other is available to use. It's simple to swap out the batteries. I've always been able to cut the whole lawn on one charge, though. (Both the batteries come inside for winter storage while the mower stays outside.)

The trim/edging kit does an adequate job. A little awkward to use.

Easy height adjustment, and the top height is up where I like it-- taller than other mowers I've had. (Most people cut their lawns far too short. I prefer mowing tall and often. Less stressful for the grass.)

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz