Plastic decks on Honda Mowers

What do you think of these? They seem to be on Honda's more expensive mowers. I see people using them but looking at them in stores they seem kinda cheap. I can flex the plastic even.

Reply to
lerner

They are very tough. It is the same material Honda makes bumpers out of. When Honda first introduced the "plastic" decks we had one on the sales floor along with a 3lb mall and many many people hit it as hard as they could. It eventually got badly marred up but no one ever cracked it.

Reply to
Artemis

I've had a Harmony 215 for about 6 years now and it's in great shape, no cracks, etc. It's a very tough durable plastic. And I highly recommend the Honda Harmony's. Really great machine, trouble freee, and does an excellent job of mulching.

Reply to
trader4