mushrooms

I am curious if any of you have every had orange stinky mushrooms in your yard/gardens. They have like four colums, like a table I guess, and under the top there is a muddy green sticky substance that reeks! They start out as an off white-orange round ball and then grows to this mushroom that stands about 2-3 inches high. How do I rid myself of them? I have pulled them up, as soon as I spot them and have to do so w/ a plastic ziplock back turned inside out, like a glove for my hand, then turn it right side out, after I have it pulled up and seal the bag...and have to get rid of it immediately or else it will smell through the bag! Suggestions? a Name for my nemisis? Thank you

Reply to
raizn3kids

Lime (not limestone).

Reply to
William W. Plummer

Often the mushroom spores are always there and just waiting for the right conditions. If you go through a rainy spell where it rains every day or every other day for ten days or so you get a crop of mushrooms, otherwise they lay dormant. You can go a whole summer without mushrooms on your lawn but the spores are still there. They are very sensitive to the frequency of rainfall.

Dennis

Reply to
Winter

If it is just an image, use tinypic.com or imageshack.us. No account required for upload or download.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken