Lime Time?

Hello,

Saw another post about lime type, and wondered, what is the schedule for putting down Lime? I'm in NE PA.

thx,

tom

Reply to
Tom The Great

It can be applied anytime the ground isn't frozen, it would help to time it right before rain to help wash it in.

Reply to
Steveo

It is not very important, especially if you are putting down limestone which takes years to act. Get a pH test kit and monitor it.

Some plants really like a sweet soil. Clematis, lilac and a few others. Lime will also help keep moss and mushrooms out of your lawn. In fact moss in the lawn is a telltale that I use to tell if I have enough. If you grow potatoes, keep the lime away from them!

Reply to
Stubby

So you can add too much lime, right?

tom