Leaf shreaders for home owners

I'll sometimes grab a couple extra containers of worms, when I'm goin' fishin', and dump them in, also.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Our Dalmation loves to hunt for those big fat juicey worms when we are digging in the compost pile. She thinks she's "eating well".

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Well, I'm quite used to looking strange to my neighbors. That is funny.

20% grass is the key to that I guess. Maybe I'll rig something up. It is 49 degrees here today and raining, so no gardening or much else today. I'm determined not to turn up the heat.

That's funny about your neighbors. You are a trendsetter!

I'll give more thought to this composting. I know what I can do. Two wastebasket type things from the dollar store as large as possible. When it's time to turn it, stir it as best I can and dump it in the other, stir a little more. Find a cover to fit. That ought to work.

Reply to
I Love Lucy

Yup. As I said, I have three bays to my compost bin. One is nearly almost always empty, and it's used for stirring the other two. One fork at a time from each into the empty bin, usually it stirred quite well. Properly made, it's probably the best thing you can add to garden soil, IMO.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Reply to
I Love Lucy

It might work magic on some of my trouble spots. I'll try to get something going, probably in the fall, just throw the fall starter stuff in there and put it in the garage over the winter..

In the meantime, you can FedEx me some of yours. Overnight please, you pay :-).

Reply to
I Love Lucy