garden tractor engine cleaning question

What's a good way to clean a greasy engine in my garden tractor?

Thought about spraying it down with oven cleaner and then rinsing off. But, not sure if the oven cleaner residue might get into some areas and stay and cause trouble, even with a good flushing.

I have a pressure washer on hand, but not sure about using it on the engine.

Reply to
RB

How about engine degreaser and a hose? I would not use oven cleaner, that is very caustic and will likely damage paint.

Reply to
trader4

Shouldn't be a problem - I've taken them though the self-serve car wash and blew them off with the engine degreaser.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

I clean mine with Simple Green. Spray it on, use a stick to break up the heavy crud, let it sit, wash off with garden hose set at stream (full). Repeat as necessary.

Reply to
willshak

On 6/9/06 2:36 AM, in article aG8ig.7816$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews2.bellsouth.net, "RB" spewed forth this gibberish...

I use an industrial strength oven cleaner (gallon jug) and brush it on mixing it in, then garden hose.. Pressure washer can do physical damage like pull off wires and whatnot..

Reply to
Michael Keefe