Lawn tractor thoughts, should i stop it.

HI all, First post here so hope its in the right place and the right content.

Basically i have a snapper elt140h33abv ride on lawn tractor (14HP front engine) that is in good condition, but i am thinking can i do more with it.

Could I for instance use it to run a saw bench or log splitter, either adding hydraulic pumps etc, flat belt pulley or add a PTO? I can understand it not going to run any massive farm machinery.

See I'm in the process of add a simple tow-ball for moving trailers about and towing wood round the back, and my mind is wandering to, making a trailer, then making attachments to operate my father in-laws sawbench and wood splitter and so on.

What your thoughts- should i wake up and smell the coffee and forget it, or should i try to find out more (is anyone here got info). there seems to be a bit about larger lawn tractors running attachments, and smaller HP engines running saw-benches etc, and some using hydraulics (slower 2 stage pumps) more than PTO or belts.

Reply to
Fizzgig656

Your best bet would be to head on over to My Tractor Forum

where you will find people familiar with your particular tractor who can answer your questions. It's a terrific resource for anything to do with riding mowers, lawn tractors, garden tractors, and even actual farm equipment.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan