Fall Yard Treatment

Greeting fellow garden fans,

What's the best type of grass seed and method to get some grass on this section of the yard?

I've got a 300 sq ft section of yard that is partially under a pine tree and partly under a cherry tree. At this time of the year, it gets direct sunlight from 7-10am and from 12n-2pm. The ground was covered with pine needles until a month ago when I raked it clean. Good soil, but just water has not produced any new grass.

Thanks.

Snuffy

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

"Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com... Greeting fellow garden fans,

What's the best type of grass seed and method to get some grass on this section of the yard?

I've got a 300 sq ft section of yard that is partially under a pine tree and partly under a cherry tree. At this time of the year, it gets direct sunlight from 7-10am and from 12n-2pm. The ground was covered with pine needles until a month ago when I raked it clean. Good soil, but just water has not produced any new grass.

Don't know technical zone name. Mediterranean climate, San Diego County, Calif, inland about 15 miles, 500 ft above sea level. Soil tested and all is within recommendations.

Here's a rough sketch of the area

Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney