Is pine tree dead?

I have a pine tree whose branches have died for the bottom 25 feet, but which is alilve with needles and cones for the remaining 10.

Does that prove it's dead, or almost dead?

After all, normal thriving pine trees lose their lower branches all the time.

Reply to
micky

Somewhat normal for a pine, depends on how much light the lower part gets. If it's ugly, remove it and start over.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Yes, sounds normal.

A German friend once saw that I planted a Norway spruce and commented that the Black Forest consisted of them. It was called the Black Forest as when you were beneath them it was very dark from lack of sun.

Reply to
invalid unparseable