Hose Concentrate Sprayer

This will probably seem a stupid question to most of you but I'm baffled. I've got a Hudson Hose End Liquid Concentrate sprayer. On the top it has 12 settings ranging from Off to 6 gal. On the front label on the left side it has the number of gallons marked all the way up to 6 gallons. On the right side it has ounce graduations up to 32 oz.

If I'm diluting 1 oz of concentrate to one gallon of water I understand how to do this. My question is what the heck should I do with the settings on top. My plan is to put six ounces of concentrate in and then fill it up to the six gallon level. What the heck do I do with the setting on top??

The exact dial settings on top are:

1 tsp 1.5 tsp 2 tsp 1 tbs 4 tsp 1 oz OFF 1.5 oz 2 oz 2.5 oz 3.0 oz 4.0 oz 6 gal

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
The Wanderer