Grass Bagger Not Working

John Deere rear engine sx-92 runs great but the rear bagger chute gets clogged up. I dont cut when wet and I cleaned the inside of the plastic chute that runs from the side discharge then up and back to the 2 bags. I haven't however cleaned the cutting deck as good as I'd like to but it had worked before. Can anyone help? I will greatly appreciate it.

Tony C.

Reply to
Tony Deb

BiffNightly

My Craftsman mower came with a much blades that worked so-so with the bagging attachment I added. I bought a set of Oregon bagger blades that work much better, allowing me to mow in one gear faster and get a better cut. If you already have such blades or don't care to change, I suggest mowing more often or using a slower mowing speed. Do you run the engine at the recommended speed for mowing?

Reply to
Chas Hurst

Clean under the mower deck. Triangular grass fillets form on the housing between the blades disrupting the air flow. The furthest blades from the chute will then just spin the clippings around rather than directing them along the housing to the chute. Also, make sure you have enough rpm to blow the clippings to the chute and up.

Reply to
Willshak