Gopher Questions

I'm replacing the lawn in my back yard and want to try and eliminate my ongoing gopher problem. Is there anything I can do during the killing/rototilling/planting process to help prevent future gopher problems? If I wanted to place a barrier around the property, how deep would I have to go and what material would be effective?

BTW, how can I tell if they are gophers or moles?

- Magnusfarce

Reply to
Magnusfarce

If they are eating the roots of your garden, it is almost certainly gophers.

Here is an excellent article on the subject:

RoyDMercer

Moles in our area tunnel near the surface and leave raised hills wherever they go. They like bugs. Get rid of the bugs and the mole will go to your neighbors.

We have woodchucks, which are larger. The only way to get rid of them is either by hav-a-heart trap or shotgun.

Reply to
Srgnt Bilko