Craftsman mower

Have a 12 hp B&S motor on a craftsman mower. It's around 5 years old. It is getting gas to the carb. but the plug doesn't seem to be getting any gas. It's a different type of carb with 2 wires running to it. Does anyone have any ideas why it doesn't seem to be getting gas? It worked fine the other day but just wouldn't start today.... Thanks

Reply to
Kerzz

It's a gas engine. That's how they are. If you don't like it, get an electric mower. That's what I do.

Reply to
Bert Byfield

try taking the nutt off the bottom of the fuel bowl it has a small orfice in it that fuel goes thru.you can run a small tag wire thru it and then blow it out. if you have the electrical devise on the fuel bowl it may have gone bad .you can screw it out ,ground the body and hook posative 12 volts to the wire,the plunger should move in,if it doesnt then its bad. these two causes are most likely on your engine.lucas

Reply to
ds549

had a Craftsman side discharge mower that was purchased around

1980.....never did a bloomin thing to it but add oil, gas. perhaps changed a spark plug once, never used gas preservative in the gas I put in it....sold it at a garage sale for $10 bucks as I purchased another Craftsman...... which is a royal pain in the patoot. The deck is so low to the ground no matter how high I set it and always gets glomed up under there...the opening for the grass catcher is not good either. LOL I traded it with my kids for a self propelled Craftsman I got them for a house warming present. Their yard is flatter and hubby is much stronger then I. He said the self propelled was too slow for him. Hopefully they will get a rider before long.
Reply to
Muvin Gruvin

Your response ranks right up there among the most totally useless & stupid. Get a life!

Reply to
Alex J.

Welcome to my killfile, kid.

Reply to
Bert Byfield

How much did they allow you for the kids?

Reply to
Midwest Div