Another 175#s of gourds

picked today. That brings our total up over 300# so far this year - and there's more to pick. Also found a few more acorn squash and spaghetti squash hidden in the weeds - plus 10 or 12 more paw paws. And finally a couple carrots that we ate with lunch.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Have the gourd cannon ready yet?

Reply to
Steveo

My #1 son has a rig that shoots water balloons. Maybe I can use that.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

=D

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Yup - 2 by 4s on the back of a pickup.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Do you have gourds that are similar in circumference?

Reply to
Steveo

Clark has to load it. :)

Reply to
Steveo

What's the last thing the gourd slinger said? 'Watch this'.

Reply to
Steveo

Are you kidding ? Of the 12+ baskets we have a few dozen of every circumference

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

I better call the emergency response team now and alert them to the potential problem :)

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Good thing PVC pipe comes in different sizes. I'm envisioning a multi-barreled weapon, with many tubes of varying size. Maybe even a few

1/2" tubes loaded with acorns (larger, if you have a Bur Oak handy). =D
Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Three lefts?

Reply to