Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lawn Issue
Hello, can someone help. I have a lawn that is covered in the yellow flower shown in the photo. What can I do to remove this? Can someone give me some tips for a healthy lawn! Thanks!...
2
2

Tomatos
Got a lot of tomatoes coming on now. The bottoms of tomatoes on one plant appear to be rotting. It is a straight black indentation across the bottom. Is it bugs or something else.
3
3

Ryobi Speed Spool
Hi everyone i hope someone can help me. I have a ryobi 705R trimmer. I have a problem with the speed spool in that it keeps on throwing out the line. Ive tried various different methods of winding in...
1
1

Eliminating coarse grasses
I have a lawn of about 300 square metres, which is in reasonable health except that large areas of it are dominated by really coarse, ugly weed grasses. I'm 90% sure that the worst offender is...
9
9

Yellowing Lawn
Hi, Any advice appreciated on why a lawn laid a year ago ( Rolawn Medallion Turf) is not growing vigorously and is now showing distinct yellowing of some blades as can be seen in the photo. The soil...
4
4

bad lawn please help
my lawn looks and feels terrible second year running , can anyone help please +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download:...
1
1

Lawn confusion
Hello, i live in the north of england and have recently bought a house In the backgarden the previous owners had plastic sheeting with wood chippings on the top. Today i have taken up everything to...
1
1

Lawn feed sprinkler attachments?
Hi, does anyone know if lawnfeed can be applied via a lawn sprinkler? I have a circular lawn and a rotary sprinkler, so this seems ideal, but I can find no products that seem to meet this need - is it...

bad lawn
what is wrong with my lawn , please help +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download:...

Is my soil prepared correctly for turfing?
hi, Please see attached picture of my garden. Does the soil look prepared enough for turfing? I'm worried as there are quite a few large clumps of soil. Some around 3 or 4 inches in diameter. I have...
1
1

Floribunda Roses
I intend to plant several Floribunda Roses in pots next year and I am uncertain what size pots I should use. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
1
1

Lumps and bumps in professionally laid lawn
Hi all! First post so be gentle... I have an area of 65m2 that i paid a gardener to lay turf. It needed level quite abit so i thought i would pay a professional to do it. Got some "premier turf". It...
2
2

What Petrol lawn mower to go for
Hi Newbie here I have just moved in to a new property and have a decent sized backed lawn 85' x 20' I am after a petrol push mower I have a budget of £180 so wondered what to go for I was considering...

Pre-treating soil before turfing
Hi ? I am a gardening novice and I would very much welcome some advice re laying some new turf. Our back garden is very difficult to access (down steps etc). I have recently removed an area of stone...
3
3

Old lawn - new lawn
Hi I have a 100 square metre weedy lawn in an orchard, more daisies and dandelions than grass. Would like to replace this with nice grassed area. What would be the best way to tackle this considering...