Tomatos

Got a lot of tomatoes coming on now. The bottoms of tomatoes on one plant appear to be rotting. It is a straight black indentation across the bottom. Is it bugs or something else.

Reply to
Lil Abner

Blossom end rot. Look it up. Usually a deficiency of calcium. I grow mine in containers and add a handful of ground limestone every year and have not seen it since.

Reply to
Frank

I'll have to see if there is something at the Co Op to stop it quick. I've got a bunch of tomatos about to ripen. Thanks

Reply to
Lil Abner

I'd water in a couple of handfuls of fine ground limestone around each plant. You'll probably lose parts of the affected tomatoes but subsequent ones should be OK. That's what happened to me when I had the problem years ago and learned about it.

Reply to
Frank