13.5 Hp Briggs and Stratton

I just bought a Craftsman riding lawn mower and had a broken connection rod. I replaced the rod and the gaskets. The problem I'm having now is the engine wont start at all. I see fuel blowing out of the carb. I lined up 2 dot of the cam and crank. check the valves clearance and reading .005 on exhaust and .007 on intake. cleaned around the valves so they will seat better. nothing.

Does anyone know the compression ratio?

or how about this, does anyone know what else to check?

I need help PLEASE!!!!!

Reply to
bwhitney

First off did you check the book on those timing marks ? Marks vary from engine to engine make and only the book can tell you if you have it right and from the sound of it I think you maybe off.

Did you check the book on the timing mark settings ? They do chenge from engine to engine make to make and did you check valve operation to see if they move freely and here is another goodie did you check to see if the seating of the valve is tight andn no leaks ? The seating may not be tight and the valves maybe leaking down andn are you sure the valves were not bent in the slightest ? From your description sounds to me like one of the above is out of spec

Reply to
Auto Tech