Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How to adjust oil furnace electrodes and flame?
If that is all he was.. He worked under the instructions of Government Contractors like me. The final word is those federal regs. You may have your expert contact me. I will gladly either give him...
80
80

Humming Sound During Burn Period
Might. If it was repaired by Shears. One time during my trying out period when I did work for Shears. My trainer put a 1/4 HP blower motor to replace a 1/2. Cause if he went back to the shop for...
13
13

Stormies latest install
Sorry for the pic quality. I'm posting from my phone. No Heat, Dirt floor basement, customer installed the furnace themselves a few years ago. (Goodman will sell to anyone) Unreal ...

Aprilaire 6303 CP/Braeburn thermostat
We've got a all electric heat pump system in our house. I recently turned on the heat through my braeburn 1200 model thermostat. The compressor turned on outside and the air handler started up in...
33
33

Well we know he did not get advice here - Ohio Home Explodes While Owner Out Running Errands
MANSFIELD, Ohio ? A gas leak ignited an explosion that destroyed a northern Ohio home while its owner was out running errands. Mansfield Fire Capt. George Rippey says the home exploded Saturday around...
3
3

Fan not working in Auto mode
I have a Trane XL1200 heat pump with Honeywell thermostat . The fan stopped working in the Auto mode but will work fine in On mode. thanks, WB
7
7

ComcastAways Tomorrows the day
So long it's been good to know ya! Still searching for reasonable access to the groups. farewell & goodluck a soon to be ComcastAway geothermaljones
8
8

thermostat calling for heat, not blowing then thermostat switches to heat 2
------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac -...

Comparison - operation costs - please help
When calculating operation costs in cooling with chillers, we can easily use ESEER factors for chillers. But which estimation we can use for VRF systems? Since ESEER is not relevant and 100% load EER...
3
3

Goodman unit with heat exchanger issues 1997
There is your chance to make $400, Stormy.
23
23

#2 fuel oil smell
Today my wife turned on the heat in her business above my garage and it began to smell like fuel oil. Is this burn off or is this something for concern. Todd -------------------------------------...
10
10

student looking for entry level position in Belleville, IL area
Construction Staffing - HVAC had written this in response to : HVAC get hired today and start tomorrow! HVAC jobs are available to view online, work in-state or Nationwide! HVAC, Sheet Metal Tradesmen...
1
1

PAYNE in the ear UPDATE
Construction Staffing - HVAC had written this in response to : HVAC get hired today and start tomorrow! HVAC jobs are available to view online, work in-state or Nationwide! HVAC, Sheet Metal Tradesmen...
4
4

totaline p274-0200
Apparently you have a heat pump thermostat, which ( incidentally ) will work fine if you ignore all installation instructions and use it in a "heat only" system--this so as long as nobody *ever* sets...
14
14

1996 Carrier Heat Exchanger Cracked?
news: Which of course cuts labor costs as it is already partially disassembled. ;-p
26
26