What is THE best product youve found for removing built up crud on evaporators ?

Whats the best dissolver youve worked with for getting evaporator coils and fins super clean again ? I mean... a product that works well and in a short amount of time. Thanks.

Reply to
ilbebauck

Wet dry shop vac, windshield snow and ice brush, and Vapco HP cleaner(follow the directions). As far as a short amount of time, its gonna take an hour or so from start to finish.

Reply to
Steve

I've had good results with the purple stuff. Alki foam, or equivilant. The green stuff is useless. The pink stuff is hazmat, and I don't touch it. More ways than one.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Have you tried any off the shelf products that Lowes and Home DePot sell , like CLR , etc... ?

Reply to
ilbebauck

Have you tried any off the shelf products that Lowes and Home DePot sell , like CLR , etc... ?

No.... The Vapco HP cleaner is non-rinse, non-acid, biodegradable, FDA approved, and works... When used correctly will even make nicotine film run off like water. its not cheap, but you will get what you pay for.

Reply to
Steve

Johnstone has some new stuff from down South ..Brand name "ACE". Some is pink and some is blue. Blue stuff actually smokes as it works. Still like Nucalgon though. I have not used the pink stuff for Evaporators yet.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten