trane x80 control board

I had preventive maintenance done on my gas furnace. Noticed the control board had a brown spot. Is this something the tech could have cause or does it appear as a normal failure. The reason for asking I had just replaced it a year ago for the same reason by a different firm
greenaire wrote:

(Not that I am an expert) It would probably help a lot if you posted a picture or two. The key is obviously to figure out what is causing the "brown spot".