Trane a.c. evaporator leaking.

We have a Trane furnace and a.c. that has worked fine for the last 10 years and still heats and cools fine but I noticed that for the last couple of weeks when we run the a.c. that we get some water coming out around the evaporator inside the house. It is still cooling fine but we get a puddle of water around the base of the furnace.

The condensate pump works fine and I can't notice any visible leaks . Anything I can check or what can I expect when repair man comes out.

Thanks Ivan

Reply to
Ivan & Brenda

expect him to check it out thoroughly and report what he finds nothing irritates me more than a homeowner who "already knows whats wrong " but still needs to call me ;-)

honestly ? it sounds like a rusted out drain pan , not repairable

"Ivan & Brenda" wrote:

cand still heats and cools fine but I noticed that for the last couple of $weeks when we run the a.c. that we get some water coming out around the

4evaporator inside the house. It is still cooling fine but we get a puddle of 0water around the base of the furnace.nf The condensate pump works fine and I can't notice any visible leaks . 8Anything I can check or what can I expect when repair man comes out.@tThanks Ivan
Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

What do you mean " not repairable ". And which drain pipe do you mean. By the way I am in the high end commercial electronics business and I like my customers to be as informed as possible.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Ivan & Brenda

Just call the man, let him do his job, then pay him when he is done. There should be no problem with asking him questions. Consider that you *probably* have never had the system serviced. Do you wait till your car breaks before taking it in for service?? Probably not. So why do you do it with the single most expensive appliance in your home??? Why do you wait until the hottest time of the year when *most* legitmate HVAC companies are running a 5-7 day backlog for service calls??

Reply to
Noon-Air

If I were you call your HVAC company and have them check why you are leaking water. They may be able to replace the condensation pan or they may be able to repair or you may have to replace the evaporator coil,

Reply to
Moe Jones

Ivane ocisti "drain" tako da voda izade vanka toje naravno voda se skupi ispod "cooling coil"

Reply to
Tony

"What do you mean " not repairable ". And which drain pipe do you mean. By the way I am in the high end commercial electronics business and I like my customers to be as informed as possible"

meaning simply- that you probably dont want to spend hundreds of dollars to replace a rusted out drain pan , when you could could replace the whole coil for the same dollars and gain some efficiency ,

in my experience , theres no educating people who want to try to scrutinize your every move so they can take issue with you , based on "what they heard on alt.hvac" , a lot of people come in here, ask questions , get told the truth then cop an attitude ,when it isnt what they wnat to hear , your last post is starting to take that tone ,SIR! this forum is not intended as a clearinghouse fo H'O's to get free advice and a partially educated customer is more dangerous is than one who knows nothing ,

youve gotten all your going to from me , maybe someone else here will tell you what you want to hear !!!!

GOOMBYE !!!!!!!

"Ivan & Brenda" wrote:

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

"Ivane ocisti "drain" tako da voda izade vanka toje naravno voda se skupi ispod "cooling coil"

you'll have to excuse t>Ivane ocisti "drain" tako da voda izade vanka

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

Aha, so Mr.. Seput is Croatian?

Reply to
DIMwit

Agreed

Nope, that's why I didn't even reply. :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

jos bolje dalmatinac

Reply to
Tony

Tony,

I no speekee da lankwitch, jost try to figgah wot lagwitch it be.

web sites helpee mee figgah out witch it be. and see moh, like (DOBRO)POLJANA 2007 Totalna steta-rekli bi mnogi,nakon poraza momcadi Kuna na otvaranju turnira u Dobropoljani od momcadi "Ritam" iz Ugljana.Nazalost nije se uspio ponoviti rezultat (tj. poboljsati) od prosle godine kada je osvojeno 4. misto.Sustav natjecanja bio je totalno dugaciji od prosle godine jer je umijesto grupa odmah poceo sistem ispadanja(500kn-odigrana samo jedana utakmica,E MOJ GUSTE-STVARNO LOSE).A sad malo o utakmici. Kunjani su bolje otvorili susret i njihova igracka premoc okrunjena je pogotkom Bruna Brzica za vodstvo od 1-0. Momcad Kuna je nastojala odrzati vodstvo,ali kao da nisu uspijevali pratiti ritam igre koji je sve vise odlazio na stranu Ugljanaca.A nakon nekoliko propustenih sansi Marka Barica, Buna,Silje, Vlade, Kunjani kao to obicno ide,bivaju kaznjeni pogotkom za izjednacenje. Nakon toga dolazi do laganog pada koncetracije, izlaska iz igre glavnog igraca Vlade Balija zbog "ozljede" leda, te jos nekoliko propustenih prigoda,ali prije svega rekao bih-NEOPROSTIVIH, KARDINALNIH

I got no idee wot dis says, doh.

Reply to
DIMwit

[...]

neither do I